Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. It’s not Christmas, it’s not summertime, and it’s not when the snow melts. It’s when the leaves change, the air cools, and everything smells like pumpkin spice and mums.
Here are some of my favorite things to do during my favorite time of year!
- Go to a farmer’s market
- Go through a maze
- Go to a haunted house
- Get coffee, hot chocolate, or hot tea from somewhere other than Starbucks!
- Pick a pumpkin from a patch and carve it
- Go to a Costume party for Halloween
- Enjoy the mums and corn stalks
- Drink apple cider
- Watch a football game
- Burn fall candles like apple, cinnamon, or pumpkin spice
- Watch a scary movie marathon
- Jump in the leaves
- Walk through a small town
- Buy new boots, a new scarf, or anything else that’ll keep you warm
- Eat a lot of soup
- Make Halloween cupcakes
- Go on a hayride
- Go to a street fair
- Complete a DIY project like a fall wreath or Halloween decoration
- Make candy apples
- Make a pie
- Eat smores
- Read a book outside with a blanket
- Go hiking
- Pass out candy
- Make a haunted gingerbread house
- Eat candy corn & caramel apple suckers
- Write down a list of your blessings
Notice that a lot of the activities I added are kid-like things. It can be so healthy to revert to calming activities that make you feel free and innocent again. It can help make the issues, fears, and pressures in your life fade or disappear, even if it’s only temporary. The more you practice, the better you’ll become.
What is your favorite thing to do in the fall?