THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Summer is a wonderful time of year, especially for mental health! The weather is warm, the sun is shining, it’s easy to get active, and there’s always something fun to do! It is such a mood booster!
But, it’s important to use that time to maintain your self-love & care! So, here are some things you can do during the sunny season!
- Get active! I’ll have a fitness challenge for each month of the summer! You can find June here!
- Eat an ice cream cone
- Soak up some vitamin D, but make sure you wear your sunscreen!
- Go to the beach
- Buy new flip-flops or cute sandals
- Go fishing
- Swim in a pool or lake
- Go camping
- Play sports
- Eat smores
- Go school supply shopping & grab a new planner. Check out my favorite planner here! (Discount code included!)
- Go explore a new town in your state
- Go to the zoo or aquarium
- Shop at an outlet mall
- Make a fruit salad
- Have a bonfire
- Make your own lemonade
- Play putt-putt
- Make your own popsicles
- Go to a farmer’s market
- Go bike riding
- Draw with sidewalk chalk
- Watch fireworks
- Go to an outside concert
Notice that a lot of the activities I added are kid-like things. It can be so healthy to revert to calming activities that make you feel free and innocent again. It can help make the issues, fears, and pressures in your life fade or disappear, even if it’s only temporary. The more you practice, the better you’ll become.
What is your favorite thing to do in the summertime?