I just took a really nice, hot bath with lavender salts and my current book, and I am feeling so calm and so peaceful right now. I swear lavender has a fantastic effect on my anxiety, and it’s been one of my absolute favorite things lately! But, more about that later.
After putting off writing all day long, I finally feel like I’m in the right mental place to write out everything I’ve wanted to say. If you read my Instagram post earlier, you know that it has been a very, very long weekend. Hell, it’s been a very, very long week! I worked overnight for a few nights at my “day” job last week for a big project and that just destroyed my sleep schedule and my blogging schedule. Oh, and my sanity! I was exhausted, and completely out of motivation by the time I got home after those shifts.
And then life threw some more punches. I won’t go into details out of respect for all those involved, but Friday and Saturday were very unpleasant days considering the circumstances, and we all know what bad circumstances do to anxiety!
But, I’m happy to report that I survived it all without a single panic attack, and without losing my mind. I’ve had quite a few “moments” as Will and I call them, but nothing I/we couldn’t handle.
Thankfully, there was a silver lining to it all, and I got to spend the weekend with Will.
He waited with this little elderly woman until her car pulled around for her. It was the sweetest thing.
On Friday, I watched Will rehearse for a performance he was doing the following day at the service we attended. Out of respect for the circumstances, I kept my phone put away during the actual performance, but I’m glad I got to catch a bit of his practice here! I’ll definitely get some videos of him singing in the car one day! LOVE by Michael Buble is his jam 😉
Now, I feel so thrown off since I missed the latest recap and have been dealing with so many different things, but I really wanted to take this opportunity to just chat, and give you a look into what you can expect on the blog soon because exciting things are happening!!!
- First off, something that I’m really interested in doing is writing more posts about the specifics of anxiety and how to handle certain things. I find myself on Google, Pinterest, Bustle, Your Tango, etc. reading articles MULTIPLE times a day. Seriously. I am an article junkie (and proud of it)! I absolutely love reading about other people’s experiences with anxiety and the advice they share. I read an article earlier today from the Anxious Lass that hit home so hard for me. She basically explained everything that happens in my head perfectly.
It is a beautiful thing to know that you’re not alone, and I want to work more on sharing my thoughts, my experiences, and my own wisdom that I’ve learned on this journey with hopes of helping others! So look out for a lot of articles coming your way! If you have any ideas, questions, or suggestions for article topics regarding anxiety or depression that you’d like to read, PLEASE reach out to me through the comments below or through my contact page!
- In addition to articles, I also have plans for multiple Ebooks that are currently in the works regarding anxiety in multiple scenarios and situations. I cannot wait to tell you guys more about them and share them with you. Once I’m further along with the first and have plans set in stone, I will give you guys all the details! It will be a lot of “how do I handle this…?” and “how to…” I plan on writing about relationship anxiety, social anxiety, anxiety in high school & college, and more! I also plan on incorporating lessons on self-esteem, confidence, self-love, and self-care throughout the books. I’m so excited for this!
- Speaking of books, another reminder; my next novel, Gamble will be out as of May 22! I’ve already shared this in a couple articles, but if you haven’t checked it out yet, you can do so here! I hope to have pre-order links and details ready to go really, really soon!
- Next up, I’ve been working on my mental health for several months now, and after careful consideration over the last couple of weeks, I have finally decided to incorporate my battle and journey towards better physical health onto the blog! That means sharing more workouts, meal plans, healthy recipes, accomplishments, struggles, and everything in between!
I’ve been really nervous about “officially” sharing my journey and goals on the blog and making it public because that makes it so real, and much harder to simply “start tomorrow,” or just pretend I never said it. It’s here. In writing. On the Internet. Shit just got real. Official start date: tomorrow, April 9, 2018. I’ll share more of the physical health journey as I go, and I’ll give lots of juicy details about my first week in my recap on Friday!
- Lastly, to keep up with all the excitement (and so you don’t always have to wait for my Friday recaps) make sure you follow my social media accounts linked below!
You can also sign up for my newsletter for all the extra personal details about my journey! Just scroll up and sign up in the little blue box in the sidebar! Quick, easy, and no spam is coming through! Promise! 🙂
I hope y’all have a great week!