In the beginning is you, in the middle is you, & in the end is you.

Good morning! 

I plan to whip through this recap post, so it is actually still morning by the time it gets posted, plus it’ll be a short one! Since I’m back to work, I have SO much to catch up on today while I’m off. 


Before I started my recap post, I made a yogurt and fruit bowl. I had STO vanilla bean yogurt mixed with protein powder, bananas, strawberries, and granola. It was so filling and so tasty. I also started with mango ginger tea. The quote on my Yogi tea bag was perfect. Definitely my favorite so far. 

So, last Saturday I got up early and headed straight for the gym. The gym has been so helpful for me this past week and I’m happy I’ve turned to a healthy outlet to handle all the things life is throwing at me right now. After the gym and getting cleaned up at home, I really tried to focus on my work and staying as hydrated as possible. I’ve been lacking terribly on my water intake, so I’ve really had to make an effort to make it a priority. 


I try to take advantage of tea to increase my water intake because the variety of flavors really helps. In the afternoon I picked cranberry pomegranate. After some work in the afternoon, anxiety symptoms set in. I got extremely tired, my breathing grew shallow, and my chest was really tight. 

I knew the key to getting through that would be to spend my time with other people, so I ran errands with my mom and my brother. After I got home, I ate some soup for dinner and watched a funny movie. The company and the laughter made a huge difference in my anxiety. Unfortunately, I barely slept that night, though. It was my first night of lousy sleep in almost a week. 


I’ll just be honest; Sunday morning was HORRIBLE. I just felt awful, and my anxiety was through the roof as soon as I opened my eyes in the morning. I stayed in bed for a few and worked on my deep breathing, and then I got up and headed to the gym with my mom. I did a half hour on the treadmill and then did weights. My anxiety was felt too powerful that morning. It really held me back during my workout because my breathing was just too shallow. 

By the time I got home, I was really lightheaded, and every time I would try to stand, the room would spin. I laid on the couch for nearly an hour and a half before it finally passed. Once I felt confident that I could stand, I got right in the shower and got cleaned off. 

Before I started working for the rest of the day, I ended up reading motivational and inspirational articles. This is one of my favorite things to do when I’m feeling down. It really helps remind me of my strength. 

I’m really on a journey to right now to learn how to fall back in love with myself and make my own happiness my number one priority. 

The rest of my Sunday consisted of working, and I literally spent hours on the phone with Krystal. The weather had gotten nasty, and we were both tired, so we didn’t feel like heading out, but still needed some best friend time. It was so nice to talk, vent, and laugh with her. It was exactly what I needed. 


I felt a little better on Monday (Kelly was making sure of it, apparently), but I still felt a little off. I worked until about noon and then I got the urge to head to the gym. For some reason, I felt so energetic, and I needed to let it out! 

I did a half hour of cardio on the treadmill, and then took a break to do weights, and then I hopped back on the treadmill for another 15 minutes. I kept my music blasting the entire time, and I was feeling so good! I know turning to the gym will really help me out in terms of loving myself again and getting all of my negative energy out in a healthy way. 

After the gym, I worked at home for a few hours until my mom was done at work. I decided to head back for a second workout with her, but it was a really easy one. We just did 40 minutes of cardio to end the night. 


Tuesday was a really interesting day, but it was a good one. I spent the entire afternoon working at home, and I got so much done. Both Monday and Tuesday night I stayed up really late catching up on work and just relaxing. I had some major energy surges both nights. I haven’t felt that way in forever. It was so nice. 


I finally got to go back to work on Wednesday! I was so happy. (Never thought I’d say that…)

I got to go back to work at my old location. While it felt really good to be back, honestly, it also gave me a lot of anxiety. A year ago when I left that location, everything in my life was changing, and here I am coming back a year later when once again, everything seems to be changing. 

Change and growth are so healthy, but it’s a lot to take in at the same time. 

I headed back for my second shift on Wednesday and as soon as I got home, I headed for the bathtub. It’s been a while since I took a bath and worked on my books. 


And of course, Kelly kept me company the entire time. She LOVES bathtime. 

What is your favorite flavor of tea?
Do you like going to the gym?
Do you like reading articles online as much as I do?


8 thoughts on “In the beginning is you, in the middle is you, & in the end is you.

    1. Hot chocolate is my number one but I’m trying to be healthier… Lol and I only drink my tea cold. I can’t do hot tea! Thanks for reading!

Leave a Reply