Sundays are for meal prep and with the crazy schedule at my new job, it’s even more important now than it was before. On Sunday I went to the store and picked up some indigents to make a few dishes I could eat off of all week.
The first one was Chicken & Asparagus Penne. It was quick, easy, healthy, and delicious!
- Asparagus (fresh or frozen – I chose fresh)
- Whole grain penne (1 box)
- Olive Oil
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast- Cubed and Cooked
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- Start by boiling your noodles
- Cut your chicken into cubes
- Cook your chicken in a pan for about 10 minutes
- You can season your chicken with anything you want. I chose Nature’s Seasoning and garlic salt. I think garlic makes everything better!
- While your chicken is cooking and your noodles are boiling, wash your asparagus and cut it into 1-2 inch long pieces. Place in a casserole dish.
- Strain your noodles and mix them in the casserole dish with your asparagus and cooked chicken. Mix well before coating the top of the dish with finely shredded parmesan cheese.
- Broil the dish for about 5 minutes to give the top a little crunch and melt the cheese. Watch it closely to be sure it doesn’t burn.
This dish only takes about 20-30 to prepare and there are so many substitutions and creative things you can do with it.